We’re born wanting to create. To create is human. Art connects us to our world and ourselves. Making art is a deeply human act. Whether you’re creating in a studio, class or group therapeutic setting, art helps you connect with yourselves and others. And as our understanding of life deepens, art provides metaphors for the issues we face in life.
Why Create Art?
- It helps you appreciate beauty
- It creates success for school, work, and life
- It brings you closer to God
- You will never be bored
- It strengthens the learning environment
- It develops insight and demands research
- Art is history. It is a reflection of our environment and times
- It increases and maintains self-esteem
- It enhances science and math
- It relieves stress
- It increases self-awareness
- It encourages communication, community building and interpersonal relationships
- You will have more gentleness, insight and love – a full abundant life
- The arts increase SAT scores